This program was designed
to provide project managers with the advanced skills they need to execute business strategies effectively, while preparing teams
for the next frontier in project management.
Bringing together theoretical concepts and practical knowledge, participants will balance project and program objectives against
organizational politics and explore the ins and outs of supporting global projects and programs–from both a pragmatic and
interpersonal perspective. Students will develop a blueprint for executing strategy by successfully managing a portfolio of critical
programs and projects. Practical instruction is applied to processes, organizational structures and tools to ensure project work
yields the desired business results.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced project managers and senior level managers who want to expand their knowledge by focusing on today’s higher-level
strategic project management issues, build on their expertise, acquire new skills, and go beyond PMP® accreditation
- Participants who plan, control or manage the execution of complex projects or programs
The program is also for:
- Experienced project managers seeking to bring new dimensions of leadership to projects, programs and portfolios
- PMO professionals seeking to enhance their organization’s project management practices
- Product development managers, business line managers, IT managers, financial managers, event managers, marketing directors,
and other business professionals who need an advanced yet practical project management education
- Senior managers and executives looking to leverage their organization’s technical and managerial expertise through a strong
project management capability
Eligibility and Prerequisites
Participants who wish to enroll in the Advanced Project Management Specialized Studies Award need to have at least three years
of project management practical experience. Several courses in the certificate program satisfy the educational prerequisites
for the following exams offered through the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
Visit Project Management Institute, Inc. for more details.
Individuals must complete courses totaling a minimum of 15.0 quarter units (150 hours), in any sequence, with a letter grade
of “C” or better. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing the certificate program are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
Stay Informed About
Advanced Project Management
Advanced Project Management Education Planning Session
- Remain competitive and manage change in a multi-dimensional environment
- Learn to lead cross-functional teams in a global context
- Improve productivity and profitability
- Apply various introduced methodologies to improve success with complex projects
- Distinguish among different software tools that support the front end of the project
- Examine the supervisory and productivity issues related to managing multi-site projects
- Apply advanced scheduling methods
- Kenneth Binnings, EDD, MBA, PMP, Director, Customer Implementation and Migration Office, Sprint
- Timothy Covington, M.S., PMP, Senior Manager – Engineering, The Boeing Company
- Susan Embry-Busch, Senior Vice President of Information Technology, American Health Care
- Steven D. Hall, PMP, Infrastructure Services Architect, Sharp HealthCare
- Kristine Hayes Munson, IT Risk and Compliance Manager, VP, State Street
- Dr. Leroy Lambright, PMP, CSQA, Engineering Manager, L3 Communications/IEC
- Karen Nguyen, National Manager, Program & Technology Integration, Kia Motors America
- Martin Potts, President, Martin Potts & Associates
- Janice Y. Preston, PMP, CPA, Chief Operations Officer Core Performance Concepts, Inc.
- Tony Roberts, M.S., PMP, Director, Trivista
- Gregory Scott, PMP, PMI-OC Past President
- Tariq Shaikh, PMP, PMI-OC President
- Marty Wartenberg, MBA, PE, Business Consulting & Training
- Julie M. Wilson, ACS, CEPM, FLMI, PMP
- Debora Wright Henley, MBA, Manager, Project Management - IT Solutions, Northrop Grumman Corporation
PMP®, PgMP®, PMI-SP®, and PMI-ACP® are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.