Whether you are a seasoned event manager, or find yourself tasked with event management duties, prepare to meet the needs of the growing meeting and event management field while satisfying industry certificate or continuing education requirements. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the occupational outlook for event managers is expected to grow 33% through 2022; faster than the average for all occupations.
Our program was designed to respond to this increased demand for highly skilled professionals to manage the essential aspects and best business practices in this rapidly growing field. Learn from industry experts and get the advantage in the areas of financial and administrative management, marketing, and the tools necessary for organizing meetings, tradeshows, conventions, and more.
- Review best practices and current trends for event management
- Learn to conduct effective event and meeting management research
- Explore methods for managing volunteers, vendors, caterers, sound and light technicians, entertainment, and other resources
- Study budgeting, pricing, and accounting as they relate to event planning
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for you if you are:
- Interested in starting a new career in meetings, events, travel, hospitality
- Charged with handling some or all event and travel duties for your company or organization
- Preparing for industry certification for the CSEP or CMP designations
- Wishing to enhance your skills or seeking continuing education units for recertification of your CSEP or CMP
Meeting & Event Management
Entertainment Arts in Events Information Session
Event Marketing, Fundraising and Sponsorship Information Session: The Art of Themes
Event Risk Management Information Session
Meeting & Event Management Education and Career Planning Session
Specialized Studies Award Requirements
To earn the specialized studies award in Meeting & Event Management, participants must complete a minimum of 9 units (90 hours) of required courses with a letter grade of “C” or better within five (5) years of enrolling in the first course. Upon completion of requirements, submit a Request for Specialized Studies form with a non-refundable $35 fee online. Students not pursuing a specialized studies award are welcome to take as many courses as they wish.
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.