push for more international business relations has increased demand for meeting and event managers capable of managing all details
of special events, while making sure that everything runs smoothly and effortlessly. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics,
“between 2008-2018, the occupational outlook for meeting and event managers is expected to grow faster than the average
for all occupations.”
The Meeting and Event Management Specialized Studies program will help students develop the tools and training in financial and
legal safeguards, marketing and business practices to become an effective event manager. Learn how to organize professional meetings,
weddings, trade shows, conventions, sporting events and virtual conferences.
Candidates receive the following benefits:
- Learn best practices and latest thinking for event design
- Learn to conduct effective event and meeting management research
- Learn how to manage volunteers, vendors, caterers, sound and light technicians, entertainment, and other resources
- Understand budgeting, pricing, and accounting as they relate to event design
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
Meeting and Event Management
Event Marketing, Fundraising and Sponsorship Information Session: The Art of Themes
Event Risk Management Information Session
Meeting and Event Management Education and Career Planning Session
Who Should Attend
Successful meeting and event managers are sociable, passionate, punctual, flexible, organized and graceful under fire. Our program
is for you if you are:
- Interested in starting a new career in meetings, events, travel, sports, tourism or hospitality
- Charged with handling some or all meeting, event and travel duties for your company or organization
- Pursuing certification, such as the CSEP or CMP designation
- Wishing to enhance your skills or seeking continuing education units for recertification from CSEP or CMP.
Specialized Studies Award Requirements
To receive the specialized studies award in Meeting and Event Management, complete a minimum of 9 units (90 hours) of core courses with a letter grade of “C” or better within five (5) years of enrolling in the first course. Upon completion of requirements, submit a Request for Specialized Studies form with a non-refundable $35 fee online.