Obtain the knowledge
and skills required to successfully fulfill the role of human resources generalist.
Through course work that reflects the most current activities and functions in human resources, UC Irvine Extension's program
gives you a comprehensive view of the generalist's role. You'll leave this program with the ability to confidently interface
with those in specialty human resources areas and have a positive influence on the HR function within your organization.
UC Irvine Extension's program is highly regarded by local employers for its "real-world" focus, immediate applicability in the
workplace, and most up-to-date information on domestic and international HR practices.
- Increase your knowledge of staffing, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, organizational development, training, and
- Expand your awareness and knowledge of government regulations as they pertain to HR.
- Learn to successfully integrate new technologies in the human resources function.
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
A certificate is awarded upon completion of six required courses and two elective courses each with a grade of “C” or better. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Who Should Attend
Human resources generalists, human resources assistants, trainers, recruiters, staffing specialists, office managers of small
to medium size companies, managers who will soon be supervising employees, and individuals seeking a career change.
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
Stay Informed About
Barriers to Organizational Innovation & Creativity
Free Event: Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Integrating Millennials into the High Tech Industry Work Force
Integrating Millenials into the High Tech Industry
Free Event: Friday, December 4, 2015
Applying Insights from NeuroLeadership and SCARF to Organizational Change Efforts
Recorded on 9/16/2015
Linking HR to Business Success
Recorded on 3/25/2015
Strategic Storytelling for Business
Recorded on 11/12/2014
Incentive Planning and Performance Measures
Recorded on 10/8/2014
Association for Talent Development Orange County Chapter members may receive a 10% discount.
- Rori Baron, SPHR, Vice President of Human Capital, Rehrig Pacific Company
- Patricia Bravo, SPHR, Owner & Principal, Bravo4you Consultancy
- Mark Carneal, President, Innovative Resources Consultant Group, Inc.
- Tracy Dittmeier, Talent Development Manager, Parker Hannifin Corporation, Parker Aerospace
- Kristen Flynn, Director, Human Resources, DPI Specialty Foods
- Jennifer McCusker, Sr. Director, Global Talent & Organizational Development, Blizzard Entertainment
- Adam T. Porter, SPHR, Senior Director, Human Resources, Edwards Lifesciences
- Kathleen Sullivan, SPHR, Human Resources and Organization Development, Consultant
- Mark Wilson, Vice President of Talent Development, Valley Crest Landscape Companies