Obtain the knowledge
and skills required to successfully fulfill the role of human resources generalist.
Through course work that reflects the most current activities and functions in human resources, UC Irvine Extension's program
gives you a comprehensive view of the generalist's role. You'll leave this program with the ability to confidently interface
with those in specialty human resources areas and have a positive influence on the HR function within your organization.
UC Irvine Extension's program is highly regarded by local employers for its "real-world" focus, immediate applicability in the
workplace, and most up-to-date information on domestic and international HR practices.
- Increase your knowledge of staffing, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, organizational development, training, and
- Expand your awareness and knowledge of government regulations.
- Learn to successfully integrate new technologies in the human resources function.
A certificate is awarded upon completion of six required courses and two elective courses each with a grade of “C” or better. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing the certificate program are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
Stay Informed About
Your Brain on Leadership, Part 1
Recorded on 10/7/2013
Human Resources Professional Round Table Discussion
Recorded on 3/28/2013
Building the HR and the Business Connection
Recorded on 9/13/2012
Best Practices in Business and Corporate Philanthropy
Recorded on 3/22/2012
American Society for Training and Development Orange County Chapter members may receive a 10% discount.
For more information:
Who Should Attend
Human resources generalists; human resources assistants; trainers; recruiters; staffing specialists; office managers of small
to medium size companies; managers who will soon be supervising employees; individuals seeking a career change.
- Ramona Agrela, Associate Chancellor/Chief of Staff, UC Irvine
- Patricia Bravo, Organization Development Manager, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Mark Carneal, President, Innovative Resources Consultant Group, Inc.
- Tracy Dittmeier, Talent Development Manager, Parker Hannifin Corporation, Parker Aerospace
- Kristen Flynn, Director, Human Resources, Mimi's Café
- Denise Malone, Senior Director, HR, Allergan
- Jennifer McCusker, Director, Global Talent Management and Retail, Oakley
- Annie Pearson, Director, Human Resources, Explore Information Services
- Adam T. Porter, SPHR, Senior Director, Human Resources, Edwards Lifesciences
- Kathleen Sullivan, Manager, Human Resources and Organization Development, HireRight
- Taryn Tennant, Senior HR Manager, Kareo
- Mark Wilson, Vice President of Talent Development, Valley Crest Landscape Companies