Essential for all marketing professionals
and business people, the Digital Marketing Certificate Program is designed to provide
you with a comprehensive examination of tactics and strategies across social media,
mobile marketing, online analytics, and search engine marketing aimed at fully leveraging
the Internet for achieving business goals such as acquiring, converting, and retaining
Learn to integrate new tactics and strategies with traditional marketing tools and practices aimed at acquiring new customers, building customer loyalty, providing
superior customer service, developing new products, improving profitability and
conducting market research. Study the value of—and methods for—determining the return on investment for digital marketing programs, as well as online visitor and buyer behavior. Discover strategies and develop plans for maximizing your marketing budget.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals tasked with improving website performance, online marketing campaigns,
search marketing and web analytics skills
- Those interested in advancing a career in marketing
- Build effective online marketing strategies for customer acquisition, conversion
- Integrate key analytics and consumer browsing behavior into your online marketing
- Drive more traffic to your website using search engine marketing (SEM) techniques, including search engine optimization (SEO), to enhance both organic and paid search tactics, and maximize promotional dollars
- Track and measure online marketing campaigns using website analytical services
- Apply social media, mobile and emerging technologies to promotions
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
To earn the Digital Marketing Certificate, participants must complete six (6) required courses and a minimum of four (4) units of elective courses with a grade of “C” or better, for a minimum of 16 units (160 hours) of instruction. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate, after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after enrolling in the first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Stay Informed About
Free Content Marketing Video
Content Marketing: Best Practices for Marketing & Advertising
Matt Langie, director of product marketing at Adobe Systems and instructor at UC Irvine Extension, discusses the incredible growth in marketing–specifically in the digital realm–and the corresponding need for education in this area.
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
- Mirna Bard, President & Social Media Consultant, NuReach Global
- Tim Callen, Managing Partner, RBT Agency
- Taline Felix, Digital and Social Media Director, Sprocket Media
- Jerri Lynn Hogg, Assistant Professor, Communication Management and Media Psychology, Bay Path College
- Steve Kinney Chief Executive Officer and President, Search Optimizers
- Matthew Langie, Senior Director, Product Marketing, Adobe Systems
- Pamela Rutledge, Media Psychologist, Media Psychology Research Center