The crux of legal risk management is the process of analyzing an organization's exposure to risk and determining how to best handle such exposure through identification, assessment and prioritization. Legal risk management is vital to any organization's success. This program equips students with the tools necessary to understand the legal risk management process and help mitigate and control risk within an organization.
In today's highly globalized and regulated economy, private and public organizations face a complex myriad of laws and regulations. A process designed to detect and prevent regulatory compliance failures is vital, however such an effective process cannot succeed without development of a strong compliance and legal risk management culture. How organizations handle legal risk management will be the difference between success and failure. Organizations can effectively handle legal risk management, in part, by using employees well-trained in legal compliance. This trend is already starting as more and more employees need legal risk management training to be effective in their roles.
- Identify the main legal risks facing organizations today
- Examine prevailing risk management principles and guidelines
- Identify and analyze significant risks arising from operations on an on-going basis
- Prioritize risks based on the likelihood of occurrence and potential impact
- Create strategies to mitigate risks, while creating and maintaining a culture of compliance
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of existing risk management efforts
- Courses may qualify for employer tuition reimbursement programs
Specialized Studies Award Requirements
To earn a Specialized Studies Award, individuals must complete three of the four courses with a grade of “C” or better for a total of nine quarter units (90 hours of instruction). Upon completion of requirements, submit a Request for Specialized Studies with a non-refundable fee of $35. Students not pursuing a specialized studies award are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Stay Informed About
Legal Risk Management
Who Should Attend
This program is targeted to those that want to learn the critical concepts of legal risk management, including risk managers, project and program managers, contract managers, human resource managers, attorneys (especially general counsel), paralegals, business executives, entrepreneurs, and other professionals whose work is affected by regulatory compliance matters.
Click on the links below to learn more about what these professionals need to know about Legal Risk Management.
Continuing Education Credit
- Earn CPE credit towards NCMA certification and recertification.
- Earn continuing education credits for PMI® professional certifications (PMI REP number 1043). PMI® is a mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Provider is a member of PMI's R.E.P. Program and PMI does not specifically endorse, approve, or warrant R.E.P.'s products, courses, publications, or services.
- Earn 28 hours of continuing education (for each 3-unit course) that may be applied toward Institute for Supply Management (ISM) CPSM recertification, CPSD recertification, C.P.M. recertification, and/or A.P.P. reaccreditation program requirements. Note: ISM does not endorse, certify or sponsor this program or its content.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.