The Marketing & Communications Program provides a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals needed to build a clear communication strategy for an organization by aligning advertising, promotion and direct and digital marketing. Explore target markets and campaign development; learn to conduct market research and analysis; and review the many digital marketing tools available for campaign success. Students will learn to analyze concepts, techniques and models in topics that include varied communications functions, media alternatives and integrated tactics.
- Examine essential marketing principles, including strategic and tactical planning
- Use research methods and analytics to customize marketing in ever-changing social, economic and competitive developments in local, regional, national and global markets
- Explore techniques for effective brand development and management
- Learn to implement measurement systems to quantify return on investment and validate marketing approaches
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to introduce, practice and manage integrated marketing in an organization
Who Should Attend
The certificate program is designed for professionals who would like to grow their careers in marketing, communications, digital media, branding, advertising, public relations, human resources, social media, journalism or business who need practical, up-to-date knowledge of marketing strategy and technique. All organizations, regardless of size or industry, need effective communicators.
Stay Informed About
Marketing & Communications
Vintage Communications: How Spas Can Personalize Their Marketing OutreachFree Event: Thursday, July 28, 2016RSVP
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
To earn the Marketing & Communications Certificate, participants must complete five (5) required courses and a minimum of three (3) elective courses with a grade of “C” or better.Â To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy.
Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
- Ronald Bray, Customer Programs and Events Manager, FileNet, an IBM Company
- Carla Fitzgerald, B2B Marketing Consultant
- Geoff Graves, President, Graves Advertising
- Patrick Kennedy, Regional Manager, Nielsen Media Research
- Jennifer McCusker, Director, Global Talent
Management and Retail HR, Oakley
- Tamara Nall, Senior Associate, Booz & Company
- Nina Robinson, Consultant
- Richard Steele, Partner, International Sales and Marketing Group (ISMG)
- Alladi Venkatesh, Professor of Marketing, UCI Paul Merage School of Business
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.