program covers the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), which serves as
the fundamental knowledge base for project management.
Upon completion, you will be prepared to sit for the Project Management Professional® Exam. Recognized domestically and internationally,
the PMP® certification has set a standard for excellence in project management.
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the most
current version of the Project Management Institute's PMBOK® Guide
- Use project management tools and techniques that are effective in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and
closing a project
- Identify characteristics of high performance teams and ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Select appropriate techniques to communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Meet the education requirement to become certified as a PMP® and assist an individual in preparing to take the PMP® exam
- Earn continuing education credits for professional certifications (PMI REP number 1043)
Who Should Attend
Individuals in any discipline who work on projects in either the public or private sector will benefit from course work. Those
with 3-5 years work experience who are not currently working in this field will be prepared to pursue career opportunities specifically
in the area of project management upon completion of the program.
A certificate is awarded upon completion of six required courses and two elective courses, each with a grade of "C" or better,
for a minimum of 175 hours of instruction. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing the certificate program are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Our accelerated format gives you the same comprehensive and in-depth course of study as the traditional format. Expedite your
learning experience and achieve your educational, professional and organizational goals in as few as 9 months. You may enroll
in the accelerated format during any quarter and take courses in the classroom or online format concurrently. Contact email@example.com for any questions.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation. If you
would like to refine your English language proficiency prior to beginning one of
our programs, please see our English
Stay Informed About
Advanced Project Management Education Planning Session
Friday, December 13, 2013
Project Management Education Planning Session
PMBOK® Guide – 5th Edition - What's New and Why You Care
Advanced PMBOK Guide Applications (PMP Exam Preparation) Information Session
- Diana Adler, Technical Specialist/Scientist, Management and Supervisory Development, Nuclear Training Division, Southern California
- Kenneth W. Binnings, EDD, M.B.A., PMP Director, Customer Implementation and Migration Office, Sprint
- Timothy Covington, M.S., PMP, Senior Manager –Engineering, The Boeing Company
- Susan Embry-Busch, Partner, Sagan Group
- Steven D. Hall, PMP, Sr. Project Manager, Abbott Vascular
- Greg Holcomb, Vice President, Martin Potts & Associates, Inc.
- Dr. Leroy Lambright, PMP, CSQA, Director, Engineering Quality Assurance, L3 Communications/IEC
- Kristine Hayes Munson, IT Risk and Compliance Manager, VP, State Street
- Karen Nguyen, PMP, Manager, Program & Technology Integration, Kia Motors America
- Martin Potts, President, Martin Potts & Associates, Inc.
- Janice Preston, PMP, CPA, Core Performance Concepts, Inc.
- Tony Roberts, M.S., PMP, VP, Program Management, Masimo Corporation
- Tariq Shaikh, PMP, PMI-OC President
- Marty Wartenberg, M.B.A., P.E., Business Consulting & Training
- Julie Wilson, ACS, CEPM, FLMI, PMP
- Deborah Wright Henley, M.B.A., Manager, Project Management – IT Solutions, Northrop Grumman Corporation
PMP®, PMBOK® Guide, and Project Management Professional® are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.