The Project Management Certificate
Program covers A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), which serves as
the fundamental knowledge base for project management.
Upon completion, you will be prepared to sit for the Project Management Professional® Exam. Recognized domestically and internationally,
the PMP® certification has set a standard for excellence in project management.
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the most
current version of the Project Management Institute's PMBOK® Guide
- Apply effective project management tools and techniques to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and
close a project
- Identify characteristics of high performance teams and ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Select appropriate techniques to communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Satisfy the education requirement for PMP® certification
- Earn continuing education credits for professional certifications (PMI REP number 1043)
Who Should Attend
Individuals in any discipline who work on projects in either the public or private sector will benefit from course work. Those
with 3-5 years work experience who are not currently working in this field will be prepared to pursue career opportunities specifically
in the area of project management.
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
To earn the Project Management Certificate, students must complete six (6) required courses and a minimum of 2.5 units of elective courses, totaling 17.5 units (175 hours) of instruction with a grade of “C” or better. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Our accelerated format gives you the same comprehensive and in-depth course of study as the traditional format. Expedite your
learning experience and achieve your educational, professional and organizational goals in as few as 9 months. You may enroll
in the accelerated format during any quarter and take courses in the classroom or online format concurrently. Contact email@example.com for any questions.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
Stay Informed About
Advanced Project Management Certificate also available! Get more details here.
Building the Requirements Management Plan
Free Event: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Tips and Ideas for Project Managers: Effective Monitoring and Control
The Diamond Principle: Five Simple Rules To Achieve Your Company Goals
The Inside Scoop on What It Takes to Be an Outstanding Project Manager
Project Management Education Planning Session
Grad Emilio Lopez discusses why he selected UCI Extension's PM program, and how the skills, powerful instruction and leadership guidance have impacted his career.
- Kenneth Binnings, EDD, MBA, PMP, Director, Customer Implementation and Migration Office, Sprint
- Timothy Covington, M.S., PMP, Senior Manager – Engineering, The Boeing Company
- Susan Embry-Busch, Senior Vice President of Information Technology, American Health Care
- Steven D. Hall, PMP, Infrastructure Services Architect, Sharp HealthCare
- Kristine Hayes Munson, IT Risk and Compliance Manager, VP, State Street
- Dr. Leroy Lambright, PMP, CSQA, Engineering Manager, L3 Communications/IEC
- Karen Nguyen, National Manager, Program & Technology Integration, Kia Motors America
- Martin Potts, President, Martin Potts & Associates
- Janice Y. Preston, PMP, CPA, Chief Operations Officer, Core Performance Concepts, Inc.
- Tony Roberts, M.S., PMP, Director, Trivista
- Gregory Scott, PMP, PMI-OC Past President
- Tariq Shaikh, PMP, PMI-OC President
- Marty Wartenberg, MBA, PE, Business Consulting & Training
- Julie M. Wilson, ACS, CEPM, FLMI, PMP
- Debora Wright Henley, MBA, Manager, Project Management - IT Solutions, Northrop Grumman Corporation
PMP®, PMBOK® Guide, and Project Management Professional® are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Provider is a member of PMI's R.E.P. Program and PMI does not specifically endorse, approve, or warrant R.E.P.'s products, courses, publications, or services.