The Project Management Certificate
Program covers A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), which serves as
the fundamental knowledge base for project management.
Upon completion, you will satisfy the education requirements to sit for the Project Management Professional® Exam. Recognized domestically and internationally, the PMP® certification sets the standard for excellence in project management.
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the most
current version of the Project Management Institute's PMBOK® Guide
- Apply effective project management tools and techniques to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and
close a project
- Identify characteristics of high performance teams and ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Select appropriate techniques to communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Satisfy the education requirements for PMP® certification
- Earn continuing education credits for professional certifications (PMI® REP number 1043)
Who Should Attend
Individuals in any discipline who work on projects in either the public or private sector will benefit from coursework, as well as those with 3-5 years work experience who are preparing to pursue career opportunities in the area of project management.
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
To earn the Project Management Certificate, participants must complete six (6) required courses and a minimum of 2.5 units of elective courses, totaling 17.5 units (175 hours) of instruction with a grade of “C” or better. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Flexible Course Formats Available
We offer online, classroom (evening) and accelerated (all-day) courses to help you achieve your educational, professional and organizational goals. All courses bring you the same comprehensive, in-depth course of study and level of learning. We encourage you to mix and match these formats to help personalize your experience: take online, classroom and accelerated courses during the same quarter and reduce the amount of time to certificate completion. See our offering grid for the most current list of courses and formats.
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
Stay Informed About
Hear from three UCI Division of Continuing Education Project Management Certificate Program graduates: David Bartholomew, Vickie Minchokovich, and Emilio Cruz-Lopez discuss the benefits of the program for career growth.
- Kenneth Binnings, EDD, MBA, PMP, Director, Customer Implementation and Migration Office, Sprint
- Timothy Covington, M.S., PMP, Senior Manager – Engineering, The Boeing Company
- Susan Embry-Busch, Senior Vice President of Information Technology, American Health Care
- Steven D. Hall, PMP, Infrastructure Services Architect, Sharp HealthCare
- Kristine Hayes Munson, IT Risk and Compliance Manager, VP, State Street
- Dr. Leroy Lambright, PMP, CSQA, Engineering Manager, L3 Communications/IEC
- Karen Nguyen, PMP, National Manager, Program & Technology Integration, Kia Motors America
- Janice Y. Preston, PMP, CPA, Chief Operations Officer, Core Performance Concepts, Inc.
- Tony Roberts, M.S., PMP, Director, Trivista
- Gregory Scott, PMP, PMI-OC Past President
- Tariq Shaikh, PMP, PMI-OC President
- Marty Wartenberg, MBA, PE, Business Consulting & Training
- Julie M. Wilson, ACS, CEPM, FLMI, PMP
- Debora Wright Henley, MBA, Manager, Project Management - IT Solutions, Northrop Grumman Corporation
PMP®, PMBOK® Guide, Project Management Professional® and PMI® are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Provider is a member of PMI's R.E.P. Program and PMI does not specifically endorse, approve, or warrant R.E.P.'s products, courses, publications, or services.