As organizations become more complex, and as business processes further denote the connection between human and monetary capital, leaders and managers tasked with HR oversight must have a focused, particular skillset to guide the best interest of the company while leading the department.
Designed with human resources professionals in mind—individuals experienced in the field who have their sights set on leading human resources teams and excelling in the field—this specialized studies program provides an intensive examination of the scope of demands placed on HR leadership, and the marriage of strategic and tactical HR practices. Also addressed are traditional structures and emerging trends, business collaboration and integration, organizational structures as relating to HR planning, and the ways in which talented HR professionals can best prepare themselves to take on leadership roles within HR.
- Identify strategies to drive success through human capital development and planning
- Effectively partner with business leadership and collaborate with non-HR entities for improved organizational efficacy
- Drive results-oriented culture change leading to successful business outcomes
- Implement effective organizational design for employee performance and business success
- Heighten the role of human resources in strategic organizational leadership
Specialized Studies Award Requirements
A Specialized Studies certificate is awarded upon successful completion of all required courses totaling 9.5 units. Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in each course in order to be eligible for the Specialized Studies. Upon completion of requirements, submit a Request for Specialized Studies with a non-refundable fee of $35. Students not pursuing a specialized studies award are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Stay Informed About
Strategic Human Resources Leadership
Barriers to Organizational Innovation & Creativity
Free Event: Wednesday, March 2, 2016
First Annual Human Resources Webinar Series
Join us for this FREE, HR-focused series – presented by industry experts – and come away with new and relevant knowledge you can apply immediately on the job! Click under the titles below to view each webinar.
- Through Their Eyes: Using Empathetic Leadership During Times of Change
- Living Your Legacy: Succession Planning Your Own Impact
- In Pursuit of Pause: Mindfulness in Business
- 26 Ways to be a Thought Leader in Employee Benefits
Integrating Millennials into the High Tech Industry Work Force
Association for Talent Development Orange County Chapter members may receive a 10% discount.
Who Should Attend
HR department directors and managers; HR employee supervisors; senior staffing specialists and recruiters; office managers; HR generalists seeking a move into a senior role.
“Leadership is being redefined. The hierarchical control and command structures of the past may look archaic and ineffective in managing a global workforce…HR will have to play the change agent in identifying and developing effective next generation of leaders.”
Source: Future Insights: Top Trends for 2014,
Society for Human Resource Management
- Rori Barton, Associate Director of HR, St. Jude’s Medical Centers
- Lindsay Desai, Director of Organizational Development, Irvine Company
- Linda Marcot, Owner & Principal, LMC Consulting
- Jennifer McCusker, Senior Director of Global Talent, Blizzard Entertainment
- Adam Porter, Senior Director of HR, Edwards Lifesciences
- Mark White, Associate Director of HR, Kraft Foods
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.