What is the Clear Administrative Services Credential?
The Clear ASC is designed for full-time school administrators who hold the Preliminary Administrative
Services Credential and now need to clear that preliminary credential by obtaining the Clear Administrative Services Credential.
The Clear ASC provides focused, reflective, assessment-based professional development for school
administrators, enabling them to effectively address the challenges of educational leadership in diverse settings
through a two year mentorship.
Analysis, research, and evaluation comprise an individual induction plan for the practicing administrator, as
required by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
The Clear ASC is offered jointly by UC Irvine Extension and UCI School of Education and is a CTC approved Clear ASC program. As required by the CTC, in order to be eligible for Clear Induction ASC program, one must possess a valid California Preliminary Administrative Services Credential and be a first-time (thus, relatively brand new) full-time administrator hired no more than 120 days prior to enrollment into the program.
As a public school administrator, do I have to have the Clear ASC?
The Preliminary Administrative Services Credential is valid for five years. The intent of state law is
that the holder will begin work on the Clear Administrative Services Credential within his/her
120 day initial employment in school administration.
What are the requirements to obtain the Clear ASC through UC Irvine Extension?
- Possess a valid Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Begin the Clear ASC program within 120 days of recent employment in a full-time administrative position
- At the time of recommendation, complete a minimum of two years of successful full-time employment in a private or public school in a
position requiring the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (as verified by employing school or district)
- Obtain a grade of B or better in Education X399A (Induction) and Education X399B (Final Evaluation)
- Complete 40-60 hours of Professional Development as required by the CTC
- Complete exit survey
How long is the program?
Two academic years which includes two required courses (EDUC X399A Induction and EDUC X399B Final
Evaluation) and related mentoring experience. Each required course is nine months long.
How do I apply to UC Irvine Extension’s Clear Administrative Services Credential program?
You must apply and be officially admitted to the program prior to beginning coursework.
The application packet includes the following:
- A completed application form
- Copy of valid California teaching or service credential or credentials
- Copy of CBEST card
- Copy of valid California Preliminary Administrative Services credential
- Official verification of employment within the last 120 days as an administrator (If you are beyond the 120 calendar days, you may still be eligible for admissions to the Clear ASC program. Please contact Education Programs at email@example.com or (949) 824-7945).
- Statement of Personal History and Goals
Click here to complete the application form and to submit the required documents stated above. Please submit the required documents in pdf format.
Stay Informed About
Clear Administrative Services Credential (ASC)
How do I enroll in the Clear ASC Program?
- Enroll in Education X399A through University Extension
- Once you have completed Education X399A and received a letter grade, enroll in Education X399B through University Extension
Following completion of the courses, what next steps are involved?
Submit an application packet to the Credential Analyst at the UCI School of Education. You will need the following
documents and materials to process the Clear ASC recommendation:
- One official sealed transcript (available through University Extension) reflecting your grades in Education X399A and Education X399B.
- Completed credential application (download from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website
- Official verification of at least two years of successful employment as a school administrator
- Copy of your Preliminary Administrative Services Credential if not submitted at the time of admissions
- A valid credit or debit card will be necessary to make payment directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing
via CTC website. (You will receive email instructions after your application has been submitted by the credential
- A $125.00 check made payable to UC Regents. UCI charges $125 for processing the credential recommendation. This fee is in addition
to the $72.50 fee paid to the CTC.
Once all required documents are submitted and the credential analyst has processed your credential recommendation with the CTC, you will receive an email requesting payment from the CTC. For more detailed directions on how to pay for your credential after UCI has recommended you, go to Quick tips-How to Complete Your Online Recommendation. After payment is received and the CTC completes your application process, you will receive a second email confirming the payment for your credential. You can use this email as verification for your district that your credential is being processed. Recommendations completed online are normally processed within 10 working days and posted to the CTC website. Employers and education agencies seeking proof that a document has been granted by the Commission may use the "Search for an Educator" button on the CTC website and key in the SS# and DOB of the person whom they wish to verify to view the electronically displayed information for the official record.
- Susan Belenardo, Superintendent, La Habra City USD
- Monica Colunga, Principal, Irvine Unified School District
- Catherine D’Aoust, Coordinator, Instructional Services (retired), Saddleback Valley USD
- Darlene Le Fort, Superintendent, Coastline Regional Occupational Program
- Christina Giguiere, Principal, Irvine USD
- Thomas Jacobson, Assistant Superintendent (retired), Newport-Mesa USD
- Kathleen Ossenmacher, Teacher, Newport Mesa USD
- Tim Reece, Principal, Capistrano USD
- Jeanne Sesky, Teacher, Oxford Academy
- Sarah Singh, Credential Analyst and Counselor, UCI School of Education
- Robert Taylor, Superintendent, Walnut Valley USD
- Ronald Wenkart, General Counsel, OC Department of Education
- Matthew Witmer, Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services, Walnut Valley USD
Discounts are available for groups of three or more. Please call (949) 824-7945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.