Train with the best. Get your Oracle Database Administration education from the number-one provider* of Oracle training in California. UCI Division of Continuing Education’s training accelerates your professional development, improves your productivity, and helps you get on the road to certification.
This program will give you a comprehensive hands-on, lab-based understanding of Oracle, the world’s leading database platform, and long the product of choice for mid- to large-sized companies requiring robust, reliable data management capabilities. The practical skills you will develop through study in this certificate program will prepare you to administer, manage, install, secure and optimize the Oracle database platform. Not only will you learn to manage database systems, but you will also become skilled at interacting with developers on business applications, working with business analysts to identify database solution strategies meeting business objectives, and ensuring that your company’s data is secure, available, and accessible.
You will learn basic database functionality, as well as more advanced database administration skills such as backup, recovery, tuning and network administration. The certificate program utilizes official Oracle certified courseware, and helps you prepare for Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams.***
Who Should Enroll
IT professionals including: individuals who need/want to pass Oracle certification exams; those wishing to become an Oracle DBA; current Oracle DBAs in need of refreshing their skills; developers working with Oracle to improve their applications; database administrators, programmers, business analysts, consultants, managers and operation staff supporting Oracle products and services; IT and computer science learners interested in working in Oracle. Some prior experience with programming or scripting is helpful in this course, but not strictly required.
For those who need it, the non-certified course I&C SCI X426.81 Designing Relational Databases provides foundational knowledge of database principles.
This program focuses on database administration, backup recovery, networking, and performance tuning. Included are theory and hands-on practice using the Oracle database engine, Oracle server, Oracle NET, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RAC, Grid Control, Data Guard and Streams.
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
Stay Informed About
Oracle Database Administration
Oracle Educational Planning Session
- Rated amongst top 5 Oracle schools since 2001
- Placement rate in the high 90's
- UCI Division of Continuing Education is an Oracle Certified Partner
- UCI Division of Continuing Education is the #1 provider of Oracle training in California*
- Oracle certified course materials direct from Oracle***
- Courses led by an Oracle Master Certified instructor with over 15 years experience in
- Enrolled students receive free Oracle software
- Prepare for the Oracle certification exams for database administration
- Gain the knowledge needed to become an Oracle Certified Professional
- Receive 25% discount on Oracle certification exams
- We guarantee your Oracle training success. If you do not pass the certification
exam after completion of the course, you may retake the course for free, and we
will pay the exam fee.***
- Fu-Tien Chiou, Senior Information Architect, Capital Group
- Jay Cook, Software Developer, Alcon Labs
- Gary Falacara, Consultant
- Rick Hefner, Director, Process Effectiveness, Northrop Grumman
- Patti Lassen, Lead Systems Engineering, Experian
- David Shelton, IT Director, Pacific Life
- Victor Wu, CTO EmpowerTrain Corp.
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
To receive the Certificate in Oracle Database Administration, you must complete at least 15 units of coursework with a grade of “C” or better in each course. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
*Oracle Workforce Development Program (WDP)
**Enrollment granted on a space-available basis.
***Oracle Online Track not included.