Web intelligence is a combination of digital analytics, which examines how website visitors view and interact with a site’s
pages and features, and business intelligence, which allows a corporation’s management to use data on customer purchasing
patterns, demographics, and demand trends to make effective strategic decisions. As companies expand their reach into the global
marketplace, the need to analyze how customers use company websites to learn about products and make buying decisions is becoming
increasingly critical to survival and ultimate success.
UC Irvine Extension and the University of British Columbia Continuing Studies have combined their resources to offer this certificate
program, which provides award-winning education on digital analytics and leading-edge courses on data warehousing, business intelligence,
and other business topics. These courses give students a powerful set of skills and knowledge that companies need for growth
and success in the 21st century.
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for individuals who wish to enter the field of digital analytics, including those whose job functions
include marketing, website design, corporate branding, product positioning, or other aspects of database-driven marketing. The
focus of the program is on using technology to achieve business objectives. People who are well-suited for web influence tend
to be comfortable with technology, have good analytical thinking skills, and understand the importance of serving customers more
effectively by implementing sound business strategies.
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
This certificate program is offered jointly with the University of British Columbia (UBC) Continuing Studies in partnership with
the Digital Analytics Association (DAA). In order to receive the certificate, students must complete all the requirements for
the UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics (visit the UBC Web site for course
availability), which consists of successfully completing the four required online courses listed in the table below and receiving
the UBC/DAA Award, plus completing a minimum of five (5) units of coursework from among the electives listed in the table with a
grade of “C” or higher in each course. Students must enroll directly with UBC for the required courses and with UC
Irvine Extension for the electives. Complete details of the enrollment process is posted on the UC Irvine Extension website.
To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Stay Informed About
Web Intelligence Education Planning Session
Recorded on 9/12/13
Upon completing the certificate requirements, students will be able to:
- Apply proven digital analytics methodologies to improve a website’s effectiveness in marketing products and services,
and increase customer conversion rates
- Use data warehouse concepts to identify relevant data and aggregate the data into a single depository for more effective trend
analysis and website performance statistics
- Improve an organization’s bottom line through a more effective web presence and enhance data analysis for successful
- Move a career ahead with in-demand career knowledge and skills
Members of the Digital Analytics Association (DAA) receive a 10% discount. Discount applies only to Professional and Corporate DAA members and requires a coupon code obtained through the membership section of the DAA website
- Raquel Collins, Associate Director, University of British Columbia Continuing Studies
- Avinash Kaushik, Author, Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
- Gus Krauss, Health Systems Specialist, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Peter Moroney, Director, University of British Columbia Continuing Studies
- Jim Novo, Owner and President, The Drilling Down Project
- Anne Nuttall, Director, Information Technology Enterprise Strategy, The Irvine Company
- Eric Peterson, Chief Executive Officer, Web Analytics Demystified, Inc.
- Michael Roach, Director, Program Management Office, The Irvine Company
- Natalie Spence, Senior Web Analyst, Web Marketing, Business Objects
- Jim Sterne, President, Target Marketing, Chairman, Digital Analytics Association, Founder, eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit
- Stefano M. Stefan, Director, Online Program Development, University of California, Irvine Extension
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organization’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.