According to a new CareerBuilder survey,
35 percent of U.S. employers "use social media to promote their company."
WebProNews states, "25 percent of these employers are using social media to connect
with customers and find new business, while others are using it to recruit and research
potential employees (21%), or improve their employment brands (13%)."
From Facebook to LinkedIn, Twitter to YouTube – companies and individuals
are embracing social media platforms at an ever-increasing pace. The program addresses
the many issues surrounding this new phenomenon and provides a roadmap to help individuals
and companies navigate social media to gain a competitive edge.
The program addresses the fundamental questions:
- What are the best social media strategies and tactics to employ?
- How much to invest in social media?
- How to measure and track social media tactics?
- How to integrate social media into the overall marketing plans?
Through case studies, interactive WebEx sessions, online forum discussion and exercises
- attendees will gain the knowledge, experience, and practical skills to immediately
apply their learning in the workplace.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation. If you
would like to refine your English language proficiency prior to beginning one of
our programs, please see our English
Stay Informed About
- Understand how to form and optimize social networks.
- Design and implement a social media strategy.
- Integrate the use of social media tools into implementation of marketing initiatives
and other strategic business initiatives.
- Implement measurement strategies to track and measure the ROI of social media.
- Map metrics and evaluate results of specific social media driven results.
- Discover new media technologies and identify which is best suited for your product
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for executives or teams of professionals working in
marketing, advertising, branding, communications, or sales. It is also
appropriate for individuals seeking to employ social media to further their
Specialized Studies Award Requirements
Individuals who complete a minimum of 9.0 quarter units of core courses with a grade
of “C” or better, and who file the Application for Award, will earn
a Social Media Specialized Studies Award. Individuals may choose to take courses
as pass/no pass or audit if they will not be requesting the Specialized Studies
After you have completed all requirements, you may request to receive your
official specialized studies certificate by completing the
Request for Certificate Form and
returning it to our offices as noted on the form. All requirements must be
completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first