Web intelligence is a combination of digital analytics, which examines how website visitors
view and interact with a site’s pages and features, and business intelligence,
which allows a corporation’s management to use data on customer purchasing
patterns, demographics, and demand trends to make effective strategic decisions.
As companies expand their reach into the global marketplace, the need to analyze
how customers use company websites to learn about products and make buying decisions
is becoming increasingly critical to survival and ultimate success.
UC Irvine Extension and University of British Columbia Continuing Studies have combined
their resources to offer this new certificate program, which provides award-winning
education on digital analytics and leading-edge courses on data warehousing, business
intelligence, and other business topics. These courses give students a powerful
set of skills and knowledge that companies need for growth and success in the 21st
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for individuals who wish to enter the field of digital analytics,
including those whose job functions include marketing, website design, corporate
branding, product positioning, or other aspects of database-driven marketing.
The focus of the program is on using technology to achieve business objectives.
People who are well-suited for web analytics tend to be comfortable with technology,
have good analytical thinking skills, and understand the importance of serving customers
more effectively by implementing sound business strategies.
This certificate program is offered jointly with University of British Columbia
(UBC) Continuing Studies, in partnership with the Digital Analytics Association
(DAA). In order to receive the certificate, students must complete the four online
courses required for the UBC Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics (visit
the UBC Web site for course availability), and a minimum of five (5) units of
coursework from among the UC Irvine Extension electives (see course schedule tab) with a grade of "C" or higher in each course. Students
may choose to enroll in select courses without certificate intentions.
All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls
in his/her first course.
On-site Training Available
Through Corporate Training, we can deliver this program or customize one that fits
your organization's specific needs. Visit Corporate Training
or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension (classroom and online formats) require
professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading
comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation. If you
would like to refine your English language proficiency prior to beginning one of
our programs, please see our English
Stay Informed About
Web Intelligence Education Planning Session
Recorded on 9/18/2012
Upon completing the certificate requirements, students will be able to:
- Apply proven digital analytics methodologies to increase a website’s effectiveness in marketing products and services, and increase customer conversion rates
- Use data warehouse concepts to identify relevant data and aggregate the data into a single depository for more effective trend analysis and website performance statistics
- Improve an organization’s bottom line through a more effective web presence and enhanced data analysis for successful decision making
- Move a career ahead with in-demand career knowledge and skills
- Raquel Collins, Associate Director, University of British Columbia Continuing Studies
- Avinash Kaushik, Author, Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
- Gus Krauss, Health Systems Specialist, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Peter Moroney, Director, University of British Columbia Continuing Studies
- Jim Novo, Owner and President, The Drilling Down Project
- Anne Nuttall, Director, Information Technology Enterprise Strategy, The Irvine Company
- Eric Peterson, Chief Executive Officer, Web Analytics Demystified, Inc.
- Michael Roach, Director, Program Management Office, The Irvine Company
- Natalie Spence, Senior Web Analyst, Web Marketing, Business Objects
- Jim Sterne, President, Target Marketing, Chairman, Digital Analytics Association, Founder, eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit
- Stefano M. Stefan, Director, Online Program Development, UC Irvine Extension