ACP International Tourism & Hotel Management
Gain the most comprehensive, real-world training to seek top management positions in the hospitality and tourism industry. Whether you are new to the field or an experienced professional needing refreshed skills, our courses give you the knowledge and preparation needed to earn those coveted positions in high-end hotels, top restaurants, full-service resorts, luxury cruise lines, tourism offices, and other hospitality organizations.
- Examine the current issues impacting global hospitality management
- Use proven marketing and branding techniques to capture and retain the hospitality- and tourism-focused client
- Build and adapt event management and project management skills necessary in the changing hospitality and tourism industries
- Learn how to develop an integrated service culture that supports employee retention
- Learn about the role of sustainability and greening in the current hospitality and tourism practices
- Develop accounting and budgeting systems that serve as tools in the hospitality and tourism industries
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
This program is designed both for people entering the field and for those who already work in the hospitality and tourism industry but wish to enhance their careers. Examples include:
- Business professionals seeking to enter the hospitality industry
- Hospitality workers who wish to gain management skills for upward mobility
- Developers in the timeshare, vacation ownership, and condominium/hotel industries
- Key personnel working for chambers of commerce, convention and visitors bureaus, tourism boards, and hotel/motel associations
- Other professionals involved in the development of infrastructure for the hospitality industry
In order to earn the International Tourism and Hotel Management Certificate, students must complete all the courses listed below with a grade of “C” or better in each course.
All certificate programs at UC Irvine Extension require professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation. International students who do not meet certificate program admissions requirements are invited to enroll in one of our English Language Programs.
“The International Tourism & Hotel Management
program launched my career in the hospitality industry. Through my internship at
the Ritz Carlton, Dana Point, I started by receiving professional training as a
Quality Analyst to execute projects to improve the hotel's guest experience. Now,
I am excited that after working through an internship and OPT program here, I am
now employed full-time.”
Universidad Europea de Madrid
ACP International Tourism & Hotel Management, Internship, OPT
Ritz Carlton, Cancun, Mexico
Tuition for applications received by March 31, 2015:
- Certificate: $7,500 (Approximate total cost: $12,300 USD, excludes airfare)
- Internship: $2,100
- Certificate: $7,900
- Internship: $2,400
Jan 3 - Mar 26
Jan 6 - Mar 31
Jul 3 - Sept 24
Jul 2 - Sept 23
Introduction to an ACP
Gain an overview of the American higher educational system and acquire the academic skills to ensure your success in an ACP.
Professional Communications Seminar (PCS)
Understand American business culture, sharpen your communication and presentation skills, learn professional etiquette, and improve your business English.
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Strategic Marketing and Branding for the Hospitality Industry
- Customer Service Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Budgeting
- Human Resources and Leadership for the Hospitality Professional
- Project and Event Management
- Fundamentals of the Tourism Industry
As an optional last course and for an additional fee, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship are the Resume Development and Interviewing Skills workshops.