Get the opportunity to work in a real-world setting, take on workplace projects, earn academic credit, learn new skills and concepts, and make professional contacts!
Internships are unpaid positions lasting 3 months; most are in mid-sized firms in the growing high-tech business environment of Orange County, as well as in the greater Los Angeles area. Interns perform a variety of professional-level tasks at their host companies for approximately 20-30 hours per week.
Tuition for applications received by March 31, 2015: $2,100
Approximate total cost: $6,900 USD (excludes airfare)
- Tuition effective April 1, 2015: $2,400
- Obtain valuable business experience
- Utilize opportunities for building business relationships and contacts
- Improve communication skills
- Implement new ideas and concepts in your home country
- Explore and develop career options
- Receive guidance and support from dedicated internship staff
- Follow-up service to ensure your satisfaction with internship placement
Step-by-step through the internship process
- Step 1: Attend an internship information session during your ACP.
- Step 2: Enroll and participate in Résumé Writing & Interviewing Skills course to learn to write a professional résumé and cover letter, receive extensive information and guidance on the interview process including typical questions, answers, interview attire, and a video-taped practice interview with feedback from the internship staff.
- Step 3: Begin your search for internship opportunities customized to meet your needs by accessing our database of over 200 companies and choosing where to apply.
- Step 4: Interview and select the company based on offers received.
- Step 5: Begin your internship after completing your ACP.
- Step 6: After completing your internship, write a reflection paper about your professional experiences.
“The engineering internship at
Virtium Technology was the
best experience in my life.
They gave me the opportunity
to be part of an important
research project on a new
product. They not only made
me feel part of the company,
but I also got the most out
of this opportunity by learning
everything I possibly could
Luis Raul Garcia
ACP Communications & Embedded Systems Design Engineering, Internship
Students are eligible for the internship course after the successful completion of an ACP program, attendance at all required meetings and workshops, and good academic standing.
Partial List of Internship Partners
The internship program maintains a large database of companies in dynamic Southern California interested in hiring international students in a variety of business and technology sectors.
- AEG Merchandise
- Fremantle Media North America
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Havaianas Sandals
- H.I.S. International Tours
- Irvine Chamber of Commerce
- Keiretsu Forum
- MSC Software
- Marriott Hotels
- Passy-Muir, Inc.
- Rieches Baird
- St. John Knits
- TBWA Chiat Day
- World Trade Center Association for International Trade