Welcome to the University of California, Irvine
Founded in 1965, the University of California, Irvine has become world-renowned for its strength as a major research university nestled in a dynamic U.S. business environment, and in one of the most beautiful, vibrant regions in Southern California.
Learn at a Top-Tier University
- Ranked 14th by U.S. News and World Report among public U.S. universities and 49th among all universities nationally
- Ranked #1 worldwide for comprehensive universities under 50 years old, according to Times Higher Education
- Ranked 45th in the world according to the Shanghai Jiao Tong Rankings
- Three UC Irvine researchers have earned Nobel Prizes: F. Sherwood Rowland and Irwin Rose in chemistry and Frederick Reines in physics
Safe and Beautiful Irvine
"Irvine, California is America’s safest city…for the 9th year in a row." Business Insider, July, 2013
- One of the first and largest master-planned communities, Irvine enjoys a Mediterranean climate in a safe, clean, and family-oriented environment in the heart of The OC (Orange County)
- Home to some of the nation's most dynamic growth industry centers and many of the world's largest corporations, Irvine offers abundant career-related opportunities
Quick Facts about Irvine
"Irvine named the best-run city among America's largest 100 cities." 24/7 Wall St.
- Population (2012): 223,729
- One of America's Safest Cities
- 292 sunny days per year:
Mar-Oct: 23-27°C (highs)
Nov-Feb: 15-20°C (highs)
- Located in the heart of Southern California's "Technology Coast"
Since 1979, we have drawn on the considerable talents and resources of UC Irvine to provide students university level English language skills, academic preparation, and professional post-graduate knowledge to help them succeed in today's competitive global environment.
Achieve academic excellence
- Become proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in a business or academic environment, or in everyday situations
- Apply professional and global business skills immediately to your workplace
- Develop skills that will increase your chances of being admitted to and excelling at top U.S. university degree programs
- Learn from instructors who have master's degrees and are leading experts in their fields
Benefit from the individual attention of our supportive team
- Receive guidance and support from our attentive staff
- Enjoy small classes
- Experience valuable opportunities to network
Immerse yourself in an American experience
- Benefit from professional and cultural field trips
- Participate in a variety of campus activities, sports teams, and clubs
- Embark on exciting field trips to popular cities, theaters, beaches, and more