The World Has Changed. Have you?
UC Irvine Extension offers courses in Digital Journalism taught by industry experts. The courses deliver the practical skills needed to bridge new storytelling media such as the web, blogging, social media, and hardware platforms (tablets, smart phones, etc.) to generate readership and increase revenue.
How You Benefit
- Identify how to use digital age tools for gathering, writing and disseminating news and information across multiple platforms including; multimedia, visuals, audio, blogs, wikis, and graphics.
- Leverage digital storytelling media to fully engage readers while maintaining integrity in journalism.
- Balance objectivity, accuracy and immediacy with speedy multimedia content delivery.
- Entrepreneurial Journalism
- Making your Journalistic Notebook Public
- Beat Reporting in the Digital Age
- Social Media for Public Relations
Complete this specialized program in one year or take only the courses you need. To see complete course descriptions and schedule, download a brochure now!
- Preferred Student Loan Lender Programs
- UC Irvine Extension will work with any student loan lender, however, established relationships with the preferred lenders may allow more expeditious loan certification and check distribution.
Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan
To learn more about this Sallie Mae loan, visit www.SallieMae.com. When applying, find the school listed as "UNIV OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE EXTENSION, IRVINE –00131498." For more information, contact Sallie Mae customer service at (800) 695-3317.
Wells Fargo Collegiate® Loan
To apply or learn more about this Wells Fargo private alternative loan, visit www.wellsfargo.com/student. When applying, click "Find your school" and locate "University of California Irvine - Extension Office (Irvine)" on the list. For more information, contact Wells Fargo customer service at (877) 566-6733.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
- Eligible individuals can have the entire cost of a UC Irvine Extension program fully funded via the TAA program. To determine your eligibility, visit the EDD website. www.edd.ca.gov.
Your local Educational Development Department (EDD) or Orange County One Stop Center will often have a TAA specialist working in the facility. Find your closest EDD location.
- US Veterans Education Benefits
- Eligible veterans can apply through the United States Department of Veteran Affairs in order to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility. Applications can be completed online at www.gibill.va.gov or by calling the Department of Veteran Affairs at (888) GIBILL-1 or (888) 442-4551.
Contact a Veterans Benefits Specialist at UC Extension: (949) 824-5414.
- Work Force Investment Act (WIA) Training
- WIA Can Fully Fund Your UC Irvine Extension Program
Displaced or disadvantaged workers may be eligible for financial assistance through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) when enrolling in approved UC Irvine Extension Certificate Programs. For students who qualify, the funds may be applied toward the cost of University Extension course fees, books, and materials for these certificate programs. Approved WIA students pay no out of pocket for their UC Irvine Extension certificate program.
If you are interested in attending UC Irvine Extension using this funding, you must contact your local WIA (LWIA) One Stop Center in your area to determine your eligibility and receive authorization to attend. To locate your local One Stop Career Center, visit www.edd.ca.gov.
- Tax Benefits Information
- Several tax benefits are available to help you meet the cost of post-secondary education. These tax benefits are intended to help students, as well as all working Americans, to fulfill a variety of educational objectives.
Economic Growth and Tax Reconciliation Act of 2001 Hope Scholarship Tax Credit
- Up to $1,500 credit per student.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in either the first or second year of an undergraduate program.
- Applies to tuition and certain expenses paid on or after January 1, 1998.
- Up to $1,000 credit per family.
- Students who are enrolled in at least one course leading to a degree, certificate, or improved job skills.
- Applies to "out-of-pocket" payments on or after July 1, 1998.
- Taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes of up to $65,000 single filers ($130,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly) are entitled to a maximum deduction of $4000.
- Taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes of up to $80,000 for single filers ($160,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly) are entitled
- AmeriCorps/National Service Trust Voucher
- After successfully completing your AmeriCorps term of service, you are eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award. You can use this award to pay educational expenses at UC Irvine Extension. You have up to seven years after your term of service to claim the award.
We are here to help. If you have any questions about your AmeriCorps Service Voucher, please contact Extension’s Student Services Office at (949) 824-5414 or email@example.com.